The chicken coop tour went well this weekend. I think it must have raised a good little amount for our favorite Garden Park. Having two neighbors on the tour was fantastic too as it added to a more community feeling.
I met a fellow Sonoman blogger on the tour who thinks she might have insight into Francesco’s past rooster life, you’ll have to read all about it. That inspired me to get onto something I’ve been meaning to do…update the list of garden blogs, up on that top tab. This time I want to feature local Sonoma blogs first followed by all other good garden blogs. So that begs the question, which are your favorite garden based blogs? Do you have one of your own? Leave it in the comment section and I’ll round them all up.
Here are a few of the Sonoma county growing-based blogs I know about, but I’d love to hear of more:
- the girl & the fig farm project – chronicling farm life behind one of Sonoma’s most popular restaurants
- Nix Chix – tales from a chicken farmer
- Left Coast Cowboys – totally entertaining blog from two city kids turned country landowners/gardeners/winemakers
- Well, One of My Blogs – an industrious woman who’s tackling homeownership, beekeeping and gardening
- Weekend Edible – a familiar looking garden, carrying on it’s produce production by a talented fiber artist
- iGrow Sonoma – relevant gardening advice from two ladies who know what they’re talking about